Holy cats, air! Sweet, sweet air! ((gasp, wheeze))
TOP FIVE THINGS JACKIE'S BEEN DOING THAT HAVE BEEN KEEPING HER AWAY FROM BLOGGING:
5. Gearing up for the "Hit the ROAD" campaign for my sexy, funny, dark paranormal novel, THE ROAD TO HELL (November 6, 2007, Kensington/Zebra Books), second in the Hell on Earth series! (Yeah, yeah, I know, if you're reading my blog, you already know about ROAD. I'm practicing my off-the-cuff "So, what's THE ROAD TO HELL?" answer.) What's "Hit the ROAD," you ask? Stay tuned.
4. Writing the rough draft of A HELL OF A TIME, a Hell novella due to appear in the 2008 Kensington anthology (tentatively) called ETERNAL LOVER. In the novella, Jesse and Paul take a road trip to get away from real-life stress (which, for a former succubus, includes stress of the supernatural variety). Except supernatural stress has a way of following Jesse, bwahahahaha. Erm. Anyway. Finished the draft last night. Yay!!!
3. Working on a workshop (heh, that looks funny before I've had any coffee) for Romance Divas, on Booksigning 101, all about how to make the most of your public appearance. The workshop will go live on July 12.
2. Bumming over how I won't be at RWA Nationals this year. I would have had the chance to meet tons of fabulous authors, such as Colleen Gleason, Jaci Burton, and Cathy Clamp, as well as a number of editors. Alas. Next year in San Francisco! (No, really: next year, RWA Nationals will be in SF from July 30 - Aug 2...and Loving Husband and I are talking about taking a family trip out there for the whole week. Huzzah!
And...the No. 1 thing that's been keeping me away from blogging:
1. I've been catching up on my sleep. :)